g, and hospital stores to the value of five hundred dollars.
Incorporated May 10, 1643.
Population in 1860, 1,105; in 1865, 591.
Valuation in 1860, $550,780; in 1865, $463,558.
The selectmen in 1861 were Samuel Porter, William Moulton, John Gentlee; in 1862, Samuel Porter, John Gentlee, Solomon E. Kimball; in 1863, Rufus A. Dodge, Francis M. Dodge, Solomon E. Kimball; in 1864, Rufus A. Dodge, John Gentlee, Solomon E. Kimball; in 1865, Rufus A. Dodge, Francis M. Dodge, William B. Morgan.
The town-clerk in 1861 was Benjamin C. Putnam; in 1862, 1863, 1864, and 1865, Joseph Cook.
The town-treasurer in 1861 and 1862 was Stephen Dodge; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, Amos Gould.
1861. At a legal town-meeting held on the 7th of May, one thousand dollars were appropriated to aid the families of citizens who have enlisted, or may enlist, in the service of their country in the present war.
The selectmen, together with Amos F. Hobbs and Amos Gould, were appointed to visit the