hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Daily Dispatch: May 15, 1863., [Electronic resource] 4 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 4 results in 2 document sections:

Hustings Court, Thursday, May 14th. --Present Recorder Caskie, Senior Alderman Sanxas, and Aldermen Timberlake, Lipscomb, and Garey. Fendail Thomas and Charles Porter, two boys, formerly newspaper carriers, were examined for stealing three reams of paper from Adolplies Morris on the 20th of April. The parties entered Mr. store under pretence that they wanted to purchase a lot of paper, and took the opportunity of helping themselves to the two reams when the clerk's back was turned. They gave it to Robert Perdie to keep for them. Thomas and Porter were sent on, and Perdie acquitted. George M. Williamson was appointed by the High Constable one of his deputies and qualified as such before the Court. John Orrell was examined and sent before Judge Lyons's Court for trial for breaking into James Walsh's store on the 26th of April and stealing a large quantity of goods; also, for breaking into Morris Nelson's, on the 25th of April, and stealing jewelry and clothing, an
Mayor's Court, Thursday, May 10. --Joseph Patrick Mulligan, charged with assaulting and beating Robert H. Shumate and offering violent resistance to officer Morris, who tried to prevent him, was called up, and, after an examination, he was required to give $500 security to keep the peace and be of good behavior for one year, and the same amount to appear before the grand jury of the Hustings Court and answer an indictment for misdemeanor. Sam, clave of Julius Nash, charged with stealing $3,000 in gold from Isaac Jacobs, was acquitted, no witnesses appearing against him. John Kelley, charged with stealing a jacket, worth $20; from Philtre Hynes, was acquitted. A case against the same individual, for stealing a gold watch, worth $100, from Joh Whitehurst, was heard and continued. Nicholas Carroll, Mary Stephens, and Wm. T. Goode & Co., were fined for keeping their houses open on Sunday, and selling liquor without a license. A number of cases against other parties f