ridge Marsh1761from Boston
1763Jan.-June, ‘66Samuel Angier1763from Lexington
1766June-Dec. ‘66Alexander Sears Hill1764from Boston
1767Jan-Sept. ‘68John Page1765from Boston
1768Oct.-July, ‘69Asa Dunbar1767from Bridgewater
1769Aug.-Aug. ‘71Daniel Newcomb1768from Norton
Girls first had the privilege of attending the Town school in accordance with a vote passed May 13, 1766, that the Comte have power to agree with their Schoolmastr to Instruct Girls 2 Hours in a Day after the Boys are dismiwas then sold for £ 38 Old Tenor, and the land on which had stood the second meeting-house and the first schoolhouse was bought by Ebenezer Hall, Jr., for £ 197 Old Tenor.
The last master who taught in this first school-house was doubtless Daniel Newcomb, of the Harvard class of 1768.
The second building, called by Brooks in his History of Medford the third, was probably of wood, and was completed in 1771 as it is recorded that the Treasurer paid, Nov. 26, 1771, to Deacon Samuel Kidde