elected the rule was adopted to name no one who was a candidate.
The Constitution expressly excludes all who hold commissions from the Confederate authorities — a very large class at the present time.
If any whose names are mentioned are ineligible, they will please notify the fact to one of the Richmond editors immediately, that their place on the ticket may be supplied by others.
Electoral ticket,for President and Vice President.
Joseph Christian, of Middlesex.
2. Cincinnatus Newton, of Norfolk city,
3. H. T. Daniel, of Richmond city,
4. Wm. F. Thompson, of Dinwiddie,
Wood Bouldin, of Charlotte,
6.Wm. L. Goggin, of Bedford,
7. B. F. Randolph, of Albemarle,
8. James W. Walker, of Madison,
Asa Rogers, of Loudoun,
10. Samuel C. Williams, of Shenandoah,
McD. Reid, of Rockbridge,
12. H. A. Edmundson, of Roanoke,
13. James W. Sheffey, of Smythe,
14. Henry J. Fisher, of Mason,
Joseph Johnson, of Harrison,