Incorporated Feb. 25, 1792.
Population in 1860, 605; in 1865, 619.
Valuation in 1860, $198,462; in 1865, $212,800.
The selectmen in 1861 were N. D. Parks, H. A. Gould, E. A. Russell; in 1862, N. D. Parks, A. G. Mullory, Horace Heath; in 1863, N. D. Parks, Dexter Parks, E. A. Russell; in 1864 and 1865, Roland Parks, Dexter Parks, D. S. Bronson.
The town-clerk during these years was Roland Parks.
The town-treasurer in 1861, 1862, 1863, and 1864, was Roland Parks; in 1865, Horace Parks.
1861. A legal town-meeting was held on the 1st of May, at which the following preamble and resolution were adopted:—
Whereas our Government is in a perilous condition, and men are needed to protect the rights and liberties of American citizens, and maintain our Government; therefore—
Resolved, That we will equip such of our townsmen as have, or may, volunteer their services to protect and maintain our Government; also, that we will pay the families of such volunteers the sum of