,861.26; in 1864, $3,333.00; in 1865, $2,000.00. Total amount, $10,296.13.
Incorporated Jan. 5, 1753.
Population in 1860, 1,130; in 1865, 1,216.
Valuation in 1860, $496,462; in 1865, $502,448.
The selectmen in 1861 were Isaac Parsons, Jonathan N. Judd,
Mr. Judd died in July, 1861, and Edson Hannum was chosen to fill the vacancy in the Board of Selectmen, and E. A. Edwards was appointed town-clerk.
In October Mr. Edwards raised a company and went to the war, and Elisha Edwards was appointed town-clerk to fill the vacancy. Harris Nimocks; in 1862, Isaac Parsons, Edson Hannum, Artemas Barnes; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, Zeno E. Colman, Henry S. Sheldon, Lyman C. Tiffany.
The town-clerk in 1861 was Jonathan N. Judd; in 1862, Elisha Edwards; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, Lyman C. Tiffany.
The town-treasurer in 1861 and 1862 was A. G. Judd; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, Lewis Hannum.
1861. The first legal meeting to act upon matters relating to the war was held on the