ated June 22, 1733.
Population in 1860, 2,621; in 1865, 2,461.
Valuation in 1860, $1,103,728; in 1865, $1,206,820.
The selectmen in 1861 and the four succeeding years were E. E. Callender, Abner Roys, Henry Burtch.
The town-clerk in 1861 and 1862 was W. B. Saxton; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, John D. Burtch.
The town-treasurer in 1861 was W. B. Saxton; in 1862, 1863, and 1864, and 1865, John D. Burtch.
1861. The first legal town-meeting, to consider war matters, was held May 4th.
Oliver Peck was chosen moderator.
It was voted that the moderator and clerk of the meeting petition the Governor, in behalf of the town, for the immediate assembling of the Legislature of this Commonwealth.
On motion of E. F. Ensign, a resolution passed at a legal meeting of the inhabitants of the town of Sheffield, held on the 18th day of June, 1776, was read, and ordered to be put on file.
A committee of five was appointed to report a series of resolutions.
The committee were G. A. Root, E. F.