e audience room.
It was the writer's privilege then to give an historical address, illustrated as this has been; not this, but a different paper.
One illustration then given cannot be given tonight, but I quote these words: A faithful brother entered into rest.
Before his departure he made provision for the excellent pipe organ that was installed in the autumn of 1898.
A noble memorial of a worthy man, presented to the church he dearly loved, it bears this simple inscription, Gift of Elisha Pierce, March 20, 1898.
In the darkness and quiet of the room the faintest tones of the organ began, gradually swelling until the last word, when the full organ was heard in his memory.
Other gifts there are—the pulpit, altar-rail and the windows, memorials of loved members and friends of the church.
All these are expressions of the love for and interest in the work Trinity Church has done and is doing in Christian service.
Its Sabbath School, Epworth and Junior Leagues, and latterly th
Josephine L. Bates.
Joseph D. Cushing.
Sarah M. Cushing.
George G. Floyd.
Eliza M. Gill.
Eleanor H. Green.
Samuel S. Green.
Edmund F. Hooper.
Agnes E. Hathaway.
Sarah K. Hathaway.
Samuel C. Lawrence.
Otis F. Litchfield.
Horace E. Morse.
Helen E. Mills.
Thatcher Magoun, 3d.
The Misses Revalion.
Marietta T. Reed.
Milton F. Roberts.
Mary J. Tay.
Charles G. Fall.
Albert W. Moore.
Julian Van Voorhies.
Fred. Van Voorhies.
Mary A. Jackson.
Mary S. Moody.
t too heartily welcomed by a few on the other side the track, and some opposition was made to this, but the Commissioners laid out the street.
The old woodwork of the aqueduct was removed and a bridge placed upon the solid abutments of boulders built in 1802 and the granite piers of 1827, which served for about thirty years. The land company built two other houses in 1870.
Joseph Cheney had moved into the first one when completed, and Edward Adams and Henry B. Nottage into the others.
Elisha Pierce (a Medford civil war veteran) built one on Myrtle street, into which his mother and aunt moved in the fall.
Alfred E. Ansorge built on High street, coming in February of ‘71, and later sold to George E. Crosby. John J. Peasley (a carpet dealer in Boston) took up five lots on Harvard avenue between Monument and Winthrop streets and on them built the house in which he lived a few years and which after his removal became the home of Grenville Redding.
At the Sharon street corner was later