hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 1 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 1 result in 1 document section:

nday, May 7, with Mayor Green's speech in full occupying four and a half columns. The paper was successful, in a moderate degree, from the first, but Mr. Reid was in poor health and died January 4, 1847, and the Chronicle passed into the possession of Mr. John Ford, in February of that year. In January, 1855, the office was removed to the corner of Main and Temple streets, and in 1858 Mr. George Fisher purchased the Chronicle and conducted it until 1873, when he sold the property to Mr. Linn Boyd Porter, under whose charge it remained until 1886, when it was purchased by Mr. F. Stanhope Hill. Four years later, in 1890, Mr. Hill bought the Tribune and sold the Chronicle to Mr. F. H. Buffum, but the property returned to Mr. Hill in 1891, and he then sold it to the present proprietors, J. W. Bean and C. B. Seagrave, who have since added a job printing establishment to the plant and made it a prosperous business enterprise at 753 Main Street. In April, 1866, Mr. James Cox, a practical