succeeded in April, 1897, by Rev. George S. Chadbourne, D. D. During his first year the church was thoroughly repaired and remodelled, a parlor and kitchen added and furnished, new entrances to church and grounds made, painting, frescoing, cushions and carpets, making the church-home beautiful and attractive.
The church was reopened in October, 1897, with a reunion and banquet.
In June, 1898, Dr. Chadbourne, following the example of Dr. Watkins, took as his wife one of our members, Mrs. Martha Ransom. Dr. Chadbourne's Bible Class, held in the audience room during the Sunday-school hour, was largely attended and greatly enjoyed, as was also the Teachers' Bible Class held at the parsonage on Saturday evenings.
During Dr. Chadbourne's five years pastorate the church lost by death several of the oldest members, among them Bros.
Orvid M. Fowler and William T. Hannah.
Rev. F. T. Pomeroy succeeded Dr. Chadbourne, and remained three years. During his pastorate several deaths occurred