hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

ia, and Hampshire streets to the junction of the tracks of the Cambridge Railway on Broadway, the latter company having refused them the right to make connection on Main Street. The Charles River Company laid tracks also from Porter's Station to Hampshire Street, and from Union Square, Somerville, through Springfield Street, connecting with Hampshire Street tracks at Inman Street; they also built tracks through Brookline Street. The first board of directors was composed of C. E. Raymond, Emmons Raymond, Daniel U. Chamberlin, Henry O. Houghton, Fred S. Davis, Henry F. Woods, of Somerville, Samuel L. Montague, James H. Hilton, and Edmund Reardon. Charles E. Raymond was president, and Daniel U. Chamberlin treasurer. The Cambridge and Charles River roads became a part of the West End system in 1887. The West End now controls practically all the street-car lines centring in Boston; it has adopted the overhead electric system, and is furnishing service and equipment unsurpassed by any