$1,267.23; in 1864, $1,654.42; in 1865, $1,000.00. Total amount, $5,056.85.
Incorporated March 28, 1753.
Population in 1860, 2,973; in 1865, 2,856.
Valuation in 1860, $1,668,557; in 1865, $1,797,762.
The selectmen in 1861 were David Rice, Stephen Heald, Silas Rawson, James F. Davis, Franklin Smith; in 1862, Franklin Smith, James F. Davis, Warren Mandell, Stephen Heald, A. H. Holland; in 1863, David Rice, E. L. Pierce, Willard Broad, Henry Ellsworth, Caleb Harwood; in 1864, A. HDavid Rice, E. L. Pierce, Willard Broad, Henry Ellsworth, Caleb Harwood; in 1864, A. H. Holland, James F. Davis, Henry E. Rice, Austin Hawes, Wilcut Harwood, Jr.; in 1865, A. H. Holland, James F. Davis, Henry E. Rice, Wilcut Harwood, Jr., Austin Hawes.
The town-clerk during all these years was Lyman Sibley.
The town-treasurer in 1861 and 1862 was John W. Rice; in 1863, A. Lawrence; in 1864 and 1865, E. B. Shattuck.
1861. On the 1st of May a legal town-meeting was held to see what action the town would take to render aid and encouragement to a volunteer company now forming