ul yesterdays. . . . The spirit of the old Book lives in the world today with a power of its own. . . . We have come to realize the kind of church Jesus wanted. . . . Our fathers had the Bible and a vision and handed them over to us. We are fitting it all to the needs of our lives, that we may hand our work over to our boys, not having spot or blemish.
At 4.30 P. M. the vesper service was conducted by the young people.
An excellent musical program was rendered and address given by Miss Ruth Richards.
Such were the milestones set up as marking the progress of four of Medford's churches during a century —way marks in the history of the town, now grown twenty-six times to a populous city.
Incidentally, we note that there are today twenty-six worshipping congregations, while the seating capacity of their church edifices is not so ample (proportionally) as that of the town meeting house of 1822.
Surely, Medford is not over-churched but rather (to borrow a word) under-congregatio