hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register 4 0 Browse Search
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 6. 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 6 results in 3 document sections:

1746,1 grad. 1767, and d. Oct. 1772, leaving a son Aaron, who d. 28 July 1817, a. 48; Zechariah, bap. 2 Dec. 1750, prob. d. young; Elizabeth, bap. 20 Dec. 1753, m. Major John Brown, 13 May 1776; Mary, bap. 16 May 1756, d. 1795; Richard, bap. 30 Nov. 1760. Zechariah the f. was a carpenter, and inherited the homestead. He d. 1776. 11. Andrew, s. of Andrew (7), m. Mary, only dau. of William Blair Townsend, Esq., 1 Nov. 1770; she d. 13 Mar. 1797, a. 46, and he m. Abigail, dau. of Bartholomew Richardson of Woburn. He inherited the homestead and, after his mother's death, the whole estate, including more than a hundred acres in the northeasterly section of Cambridgeport. This tract embraced, substantially, besides a large quantity of marsh, all the upland bounded northerly by Lincoln Street, easterly by the marsh, southerly by School Street and westerly by a line passing through the centre of the Brick Meeting-house lot, nearly parallel with Columbia Street. About 1782 he removed t
1746,1 grad. 1767, and d. Oct. 1772, leaving a son Aaron, who d. 28 July 1817, a. 48; Zechariah, bap. 2 Dec. 1750, prob. d. young; Elizabeth, bap. 20 Dec. 1753, m. Major John Brown, 13 May 1776; Mary, bap. 16 May 1756, d. 1795; Richard, bap. 30 Nov. 1760. Zechariah the f. was a carpenter, and inherited the homestead. He d. 1776. 11. Andrew, s. of Andrew (7), m. Mary, only dau. of William Blair Townsend, Esq., 1 Nov. 1770; she d. 13 Mar. 1797, a. 46, and he m. Abigail, dau. of Bartholomew Richardson of Woburn. He inherited the homestead and, after his mother's death, the whole estate, including more than a hundred acres in the northeasterly section of Cambridgeport. This tract embraced, substantially, besides a large quantity of marsh, all the upland bounded northerly by Lincoln Street, easterly by the marsh, southerly by School Street and westerly by a line passing through the centre of the Brick Meeting-house lot, nearly parallel with Columbia Street. About 1782 he removed t
. A. R. Baker of the Orthodox Church and Dr. Samuel Gregg. Later Mr. Butters moved into this house, and it is now occupied by his descendants. In the house next to Benjamin Pratt, on what was then the east side of Main street, but which is now called No. 2 Mystic avenue, some of the older tenants were Gilbert Blanchard, grocer, William Thomas, who at one time lived in Mr. Butters' house, Mrs. Rebecca Stearns, daughter of Caleb Brooks of West Medford, Ebenezer Chamberlain, hatter, Bartholomew Richardson, hatter, Mrs. Henry Withington and others. In the next house lived Mr. Amory Hartshorn and John T. White. Both were employed at Mr. Peck's hat factory. The latter colored hats; when his services were needed his presence was required night and day. He was constable, deputy sheriff and tax collector for many years. About 1850 he moved into his house on Ashland street, where he died. Jesse Crosby's wheelwright shop occupied the triangle made by the Turnpike (Mystic avenue), Union