upstairs hall next the railroad.
Later some good people of extreme views held religious services, and were followed by a Primitive Methodist Church for about a year and a half.
Perhaps twenty-five tenements or dwellings have been within the described space, the number not increasing, as witness the one-story blocks later built.
The fire station has moved from without to within our described bounds.
Its apparatus is in marked contrast to the old two-wheeled hose carriage housed in Daniel Richardson's stable in 1871.
But we remember that Spot pond water had but then just come, and that all the gas we had was of our own make and didn't illuminate.
Electric light was then a dream, telephone ditto, automobile more unlikely.
Five buildings still remain to be mangled, moved or demolished to complete the widening act on High street, but Mystic Hall, built for a community center in 1852, still remains, as does also its proprietor, Mr. Ober, ninety-two, the dean of the business men