n of the probable expense of arranging the schools be stricken out and the rest accepted.
But these primary schools were more than we understand by that term to-day, for the girls of all ages must attend them, none being allowed in the school of the master.
These schools were established in the summer of 1819, the eastern one at the house of Rhoda Turner, who received for the use and improvement of a room for a School Room for six months ending Nov. 1, 1819, $25.
At the west end, Jedutham Richardson, who lived on the corner of High street and Hastings lane, seems to have benefited by this, for he received on Nov. 6, 1819, For his daughters Sally and Harriet teaching school from May 1 to Oct. 30 at $2 a week, $51.40,0 For boarding the teachers of the school $51.57, For the use of a room for the Town School $20.
Miss Eliza Gray taught the primary school and all the girls in the brick school-house, and Miss Eliza B. Wait, the eastern school, at the house of Rhoda Turner, situated,