hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
HISTORY OF THE TOWN OF MEDFORD, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, FROM ITS FIRST SETTLEMENT, IN 1630, TO THE PRESENT TIME, 1855. (ed. Charles Brooks) 13 1 Browse Search
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 8. 4 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 17 results in 5 document sections:

nning, Treasurer. Caleb Brooks,Assessors. Ephraim Bailey, Joseph Swan, Nathan Wait,Constables. Joseph Wyman, Jeduthan Richardson,Surveyors of Highways. Samuel Tufts, jun., Gersham Teel,Tything-men. James T. Floyd, Andrew Blanchard,Cullers of Hoops and Staves. William Bradbury, Benjamin Tufts,Fence-viewers. Jeduthan Richardson, Joseph Wyman, Jonathan Harrington,Surveyors of Lumber. Calvin Turner, Thatcher Magoon, Timothy Dexter, John Dixen, Darius Wait, Jonathan Harrington,iley, Joseph Church, Jonathan Warner, David Willis, Clerk of the Market. Fitch Hall,Fire-wards. John Hosmer, Jeduthan Richardson, Andrew Blanchard, Abner Bartlett, Richard Hall,To audit the Treasurer's Accounts. Fitch Hall, Nathaniel HallBrooks1803. Caleb Brooks1804. Jonathan Porter1808. Nathan Waite1810. Nathaniel Hall1812. Luther Stearns1813. Jeduthan Richardson1821. Nathan Adams1822. Turell Tufts1823. Joseph Swan1826. Dudley Hall1827. Turell Tufts1828. John Howe1829.
to issue his warrant, directing some one of the petitioners to notify all the legal voters of said parish to meet in their meeting-house, April 12, 1824, at two o'clock, P. M., for the purpose of electing officers, raising money, and doing all other necessary acts. The warrant was issued, and the first meeting held at the time specified; and Abner Bartlett, Esq., was chosen Clerk; Messrs. Jonathan Brooks, John Symmes, Darius Wait, Nathan Adams, jun., and John King, Parish Committee; Messrs. J. Richardson, John Howe, and Ebenezer Hall, jun., Assessors; William Ward, Esq., Treasurer. Thus the First Parish on this day became a separate body, under a legal organization. On this day also, Voted to raise the sum of one thousand dollars, to discharge the minister's salary and other incidental charges the ensuing year. July 27, 1823: Voted by the church, that the ordinance of baptism be hereafter administered at the commencement of the afternoon service on the Lord's day, in place
y. James Convers. Jonas Dixon. Duncan Ingraham. John C. Jones. John Walker and Jos. Tysick. Joanna Kidder. Samuel Kidder. Abner Peirce. Thomas Learned. William Lowder. John Leathe. Jude Symonds. David Osgood. Josiah Polly. Jonathan Porter. Isaac Pratt. Thomas Hewes. Benjamin Reed. Peter Tufts. James Tufts. G. Williams & Dan. Farrington. William Bucknum. Sam. Hall and John Greenleaf. J. Bannister & Lucy Pritchard. Jeduthan Richardson. Joshua Symonds. John Symmes. Josiah Symmes. Ebenezer Symonds. Thomas Savel. Daniel Symonds. Samuel Thompson. Samuel Teal. Samuel Teal. Samuel Tufts, jun. Abigail Tarbutt. Benjamin Tufts. Gershom Tufts. Benjamin Tufts, jun. Jacob Tufts. Hutchinson Tufts. Peter Tufts. Isaac Tufts. Daniel Tufts. Jonathan Tufts. Ebenezer Tufts. James Tufts. Gershom Teal. Watts Turner. Hutchinson Tufts, jun. Eleazer Usher. Na
30, 1809.   Children of Nancy S. (No. 10):--  10-16Anson D., b. July 29, 1835.  17Marcia A., b. Aug. 18, 1836.  18Augusta V., b. Aug. 20, 1838.  19Abby R., b. Nov. 19, 1840.   Sarah F., b. Oct. 28, 1844. 1-4Sarah Dexter m. Thomas Hadley, 1792; d. Mar. 1, 1837; and had--  4-20Samuel D., b. June 14, 1794; m. B. R. Bellows, May 4, 1813.  21Richard W., b. Oct. 1796; d. Nov. 5, 1834.  22Sarah D., b. Feb. 25, 1799; m. C. W. James, Sept. 18, 1823.  23Elizabeth W., b. May 21, 1804; m. J. Richardson, Dec. 12, 1826. 4-22Sarah D. Hadley m. Charles W. James, Sept. 18, 1823, and had--  22-24Charles H., b. June 24, 1824.  25Sarah A., b. Nov. 5, 1825.  26Horatio, b. May 26, 1827.  27William L., b. July 14, 1829; d. Aug. 9, 1833.  28Thomas W., b. Feb. 23, 1832.  29Richard O., b. Feb. 23, 1832. d. Feb. 27, 1832. 22-24Charles H. James m. Sarah B. Hutchins, Apr. 24, 1850, and had--  24-30Isabel E., b. Feb. 18, 1851. 22-26HORATIO James m. Caroline J. Mansfield, Dec. 25,
ds hill, which in early days was called Bishop's hill, being dignified by a separate name in honor of the Bishop family who were large land owners between Woburn and Allston streets. Directly opposite the old Jonathan Brooks house dwelt Jeduthan Richardson, in a very ancient house which seems destined soon to vanish before the march of modern improvement. Edward L. Staniels, who married Mr. Richardson's daughter, succeeded him. On the easterly corner of Woburn street was the house and faMr. Richardson's daughter, succeeded him. On the easterly corner of Woburn street was the house and farm of James Wyman. Benjamin Noyes, gunsmith, lived there for a few years, and the premises were next leased for ten years to Elijah Smith. The house long since disappeared, but the old cellar can still be seen. Mr. Wyman would never sell the land, and often came to walk over the broad acres, getting pleasure enough from these excursions to pay for the lack of income. He died in Boston when over ninety years old. A few feet from this house was the house and stable of Joseph Wyman, the s