hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 2 0 Browse Search
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 4 results in 2 document sections:

aron Rice. The bank has been successful from its start; its deposits, January 13, 1896, were $3,857,575.49; the number of corporators, 23; number of depositors, 12,164. Its officers are Daniel U. Chamberlin, president; Lucius R. Paige, Asa P. Morse, and Henry Endicott, vice-presidents; Henry W. Bullard, treasurer. North Avenue Savings Bank North Avenue Savings Bank was incorporated March 2, 1872, and organized March 7, 1872, with the choice of Samuel F. Woodbridge, president; William Fox Richardson, Jonas C. Wellington, Cornelius Dorr, and Chandler R. Ranson, vice-presidents; George W. Parke, secretary. Its first board of trustees were Chester W. Kingsley, Warren Sanger, Daniel W. Shaw, Person Davis, John J. Henderson, Daniel Fobes, Henry C. Rand, Horatio Locke, John Davis, David Ellis, Levi L. Cushing, and James H. Collins. At the meeting of the trustees held July 8, 1872, Milton L. Walton was chosen treasurer. The growth of the bank was necessarily slow, owing to the fact
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register, Chapter 16: ecclesiastical History. (search)
wd. Coll. 1853, who was installed Jan. 2, 1861, and was dismissed Feb. 21, 1866. Rev. David O. Mears, born in Essex, Feb. 22, 1842, A. C. 1865, was ordained and installed Oct. 2, 1867, under whose ministry the growth of the church and congregation has been rapid and substantial. The following named persons have served this church as Deacons:— John Harmon, Samuel Chadwick, F. E. Whitcomb, James R. Morse, William P. Hayward, Daniel Fobes, H. D. Sweetser, Henry M. Bird, Wm. Fox Richardson, Frank Foxcroft. Pilgrim Congregational.—In 1852, a mission Sabbathschool was established under the joint direction of the Baptist, Methodist, and two Congregational Churches in Cambridge. After a few years it was managed solely by the First Evangelical Church. In 1863, a chapel was erected for the accommodation of the school, and as a missionary station. This edifice, known as the Stearns Chapel, still stands on the northerly side of Harvard Street, about two hundred feet eas