confession of their faith in Christ.
On November 5, 1887, the Articles of Faith and Covenant were adopted by the church, and on the 12th of the same month, Alexander Robertson, Thomas Patterson and Nathaniel P. Richardson were chosen deacons.
At the same meeting John G. Thompson was elected as the first clerk.
On December 1, 188e. On February 24, 1888, the church voted to buy a lot of land on Marion street, where its present home is located.
The Prudential Committee, consisting of Alexander Robertson, N. P. Richardson, Thomas Patterson, Joseph F. Hosford, Samuel Armstrong, J. C. Davidson and J. G. Thompson purchased the lot for $425. They were authorized twenty-four members have been added to the church roll, making the present number two hundred and two.
The complete list of the deacons as per records is, Alexander Robertson, Thomas Patterson, N. P. Richardson, Joseph F. Hosford, George L. Daniels, Walter Nelson, Henry B. Doland, C. A. Van Winkle, William F. Kilton, Harry L. Jon