Your search returned 10 results in 5 document sections:

aving died in consequence of an illness produced by a dread of the smallpox. He d. Mar. 10, 1760. His widow d. Oct. 10, 1765. 25-36Stephen Whitmore m. Mary Whittemore, July 14, 1763, and had--  36-50Elizabeth C., b. May 19, 1764; m. John Springer.  51Stephen, b. Sept. 15, 1765; d., s.p., 1787.  52 Samuel,b. June 11, 1768. William,  53  54Francis, b. Mar. 19, 1770; d., s.p., July 22, 1795.  55John, b. Nov. 25, 1771; still living (1855).  56Jonathan Wins, b. Aug. 22, 1773; m. Mary Rogers.  57Benjamin, b. July 12, 1775; m. Elizabeth Temple.  58Mary, b. Oct. 26, 1777.  59Rhoda, b. Feb. 9, 1779.  60Sarah, b. Oct. 12, 1782.  61Andrew, b. Sept. 16, 1785; d. Oct. 1, 1785.   He d. Oct. 15, 1816. 25-37Francis Whitmore, 3d, m.--------, and had--  37-62Elizabeth Sanders, bapt. Oct. 13, 1765; d. Aug. 22, 1777.  63Francis, bapt. Aug. 2, 1767; d. Aug. 14, 1820.   He removed to Boston, and with him the name departed from Medford; within a year or two, one of the
to William (1), was here a short time, and by w. Martha, had Samuel, b. 13 July 1653. He res. on the northerly side of Bow Street, on the estate formerly of Nicholas Danforth, which he bought 26 Jan. 1651-2, and sold to Edmund Angier 8 Oct. 1654, after which time no trace is found of him here. 4. John, prob. s. of William (1), settled in Billerica, and m. Abigail Coggan of Barnstable 21 June 1659; she d. 5 Ap. 1662, and he m. Hannah Burrage 3 July 1663; she d. 7 July 1667, and he m. Mary Rogers 14 Jan. 1667-8; she d. 16 June 1677, and he m. another Mary soon afterwards. His children were Hannah, b. 11 Jan. 1663-4, m. John Kittredge 3 Aug. 1685; Abigail, b. 6 Dec. 1665; Mary, b. 1 Mar. 1669-70; .John, b. 15 May 1679; Elizabeth, b. 24 July 1681 William, b. 26 Nov. 1683, d. 21 Ap. 1686; William, b. 18 Aug 1687. John the f. d. Oct. 1712 a. 78. 5. Jacob, s. of William (1), settled m Billerica, and m. Mary, dau. of Elder Champney of Camb., 20 Sept. 1665 she d.1 Ap 1681, and he m.
to William (1), was here a short time, and by w. Martha, had Samuel, b. 13 July 1653. He res. on the northerly side of Bow Street, on the estate formerly of Nicholas Danforth, which he bought 26 Jan. 1651-2, and sold to Edmund Angier 8 Oct. 1654, after which time no trace is found of him here. 4. John, prob. s. of William (1), settled in Billerica, and m. Abigail Coggan of Barnstable 21 June 1659; she d. 5 Ap. 1662, and he m. Hannah Burrage 3 July 1663; she d. 7 July 1667, and he m. Mary Rogers 14 Jan. 1667-8; she d. 16 June 1677, and he m. another Mary soon afterwards. His children were Hannah, b. 11 Jan. 1663-4, m. John Kittredge 3 Aug. 1685; Abigail, b. 6 Dec. 1665; Mary, b. 1 Mar. 1669-70; .John, b. 15 May 1679; Elizabeth, b. 24 July 1681 William, b. 26 Nov. 1683, d. 21 Ap. 1686; William, b. 18 Aug 1687. John the f. d. Oct. 1712 a. 78. 5. Jacob, s. of William (1), settled m Billerica, and m. Mary, dau. of Elder Champney of Camb., 20 Sept. 1665 she d.1 Ap 1681, and he m.
Brigadier-General Ellison Capers, Confederate Military History, a library of Confederate States Military History: Volume 5, South Carolina (ed. Clement Anselm Evans), Additional Sketches Illustrating the services of officers and Privates and patriotic citizens of South Carolina. (search)
The wound did not heal until 1871. He has the respect and esteem of all his comrades, whom he is often called upon to address. He performs this duty with an ability that has given him a reputation all over the State. Captain Armstrong was a member of Governor Hampton's staff during the latter gentleman's term of office. Lieutenant Reuben Rogers Asbury, a prominent citizen of Greenville, was born in Taliaferro county, Ga., August 8, 1832, son of Rev. Richard V. Asbury and his wife, Mary Rogers. His father, born in 1799, died in 1845, was the son of Richard Asbury, who was a participant in three battles of the revolutionary war. His mother was the daughter of Reuben Rogers, a Georgia planter and millwright, of Virginia descent. Mr. Asbury was reared in Georgia, receiving an excellent education under Rev. John W. Reid, of Woodstock. In 1855 he was tendered a commission as government land surveyor through the influence of Alexander H. Stephens; but as this would have necessitat
Medford Historical Society Papers, Volume 25., Medford Church anniversaries. (search)
men representing the charter members (one was a son of one of them) who held a meeting and decided to organize a church. Episode 6, The End of the Golden Era, had seven spirits, each representing some phase of church work: The Church School, Woman's League, Good Cheer Club, Brotherhood, Christian Endeavor, Boy Scouts, Camp Fire, then two of the smallest of the Choir children, followed by a soldier in uniform, and last came the missionary (from this church, now in India), the Spirit of Mary Rogers. The closing episode of The Far Flung Years massed all the participants in review, and its entire presentation was the result of much thought and effort on the part of the author and all that managed and carried it through so successfully. During the presentation there looked out from the screen the portraits of the seven pastors of the church during the half century. Three have gone on before— Messrs. Jaggar, Stebbins and Clancy, two—Messrs. Hood and Yorke, sent letters of regret.