Your search returned 5 results in 2 document
fifty dollars. It was sold several times, each purchaser after paying what he had bid would cry out, put it up again.
The fair netted over eight hundred dollars.
Incorporated Sept. 4, 1639.
Population in 1860, 1,691; in 1865, 1,703.
Valuation in 1860, $1,043,091; in 1865, $1,052,778.
The selectmen in 1861 and 1862 were James Moore, John H. Dakin, George Parmenter; in 1863, A. B. Jones, George Goodnow, H. H. Goodnough; in 1864 and 1865, Thomas P. Hurlbut, Charles Hunt, Walter Rogers.
The town-clerk during all the years of the war was J. S. Hunt.
The town-treasurer during the years 1861, 1862, and 1863 was Edwin Harrington; in 1864 and 1865, S. A. Jones.
1861. The first legal town-meeting to act upon matters relating to the war was held on the 29th of April, and it being expected that the Wadsworth Rifle Guards,—the same being Company B, of the Second Battalion Massachusetts Volunteer Militia,—belonging to Sudbury, would be called into active service, it was