.13, of which $4,700.00 was distributed between the different Commissions.
Incorporated Aug. 5, 1634.
Population in 1860, 3,300; in 1865, 3,311.
Valuation in 1860, $1,276,245; in 1865, $1,556,491.
The selectmen in 1861 were Joseph Ross, Ira Worcester, Richard T. Dodge; in 1862, Aaron Cogswell, Frederick Willcomb, Joseph Cogswell; in 1863, Frederick T. Dodge, Frederick Willcomb, Randal Andrews; in 1864, Joseph Ross, Richard T. Dodge, Frederick Willcomb; in 1865, John D. CrossJoseph Ross, Richard T. Dodge, Frederick Willcomb; in 1865, John D. Cross, Thomas H. Lord, Joseph Farley.
The town-clerk in the years 1861, 1862, 1863, and 1864, was Alfred Kimball;
Mr. Kimball died in 1864; and George R. Lord was appointed to fill the vacancy, and served until the annual town-meeting in 1865. in 1865, Wesley K. Bell.
The town-treasurer during all the years of the war was Jeremiah Lord.
1861. The first legal town-meeting, to act upon matters relating to the war, was held on the 8th of July, at which it was voted to appropriate three thousa