t 1870-1871,—one standing, one sitting with a cane, one holding a French newspaper, and one reproduced in the Memorial volume published by the city of Boston in 1874.
17. Portrait, by William M. Hunt, not from sittings, but following Allen and Rowell's photograph.
18. Portrait, by Edgar Parker, for which sittings were given in Boston in 1873. Mr. Parker painted three portraits,—one now belonging to the city of Boston, another to the Wallace Public Library of Fitchburg, and the third still belonging to one of the artist's relatives.
19. Two unfinished portraits, by William Page, for which sittings were given in New York in 1872 or 1873.
20. Photograph, by Allen and Rowell of Boston, the last ever taken, made late in 1873; is reproduced in the Memorial volume printed by the State in 1874, and in this Memoir (vol.
IV.), and has been engraved by the treasury department at Washington.
The photographers have also issued it enlarged.
21. Full-length portrait, by Henry Ulke, f