frain rang through the merriments.
Repeatedly cases containing the result of our labors of love were sent to private hospitals; but for the last years they were put into the hands of the Sanitary Commission.
Incorporated Dec. 3, 1715.
Population in 1860, 1,063; in 1865, 967.
Valuation in 1860, $666,270; in 1865, $632,380.
The selectmen in 1861 and 1862 were John F. Robbins, John Cutter, James A. Parker; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, Joseph A. Priest, William Kimball, George W. Sanderson.
The town-clerk in 1861, and all through the war, was William Kimball.
The town-treasurer in 1861 was William Chamberlain; and in 1862, 1863, 1864, and 1865, Luther White.
1861. The first legal town-meeting, to consider matters relating to the war, was held on the 1st of May, at which it was voted to raise by taxation one thousand dollars, and to authorize the selectmen to borrow two thousand, if needed, to pay each soldier belonging to the town ten dollars a month while in the