k for the soldiers, and forwarded to the Sanitary and Christian Commissions articles of comfort and use to the money value of at least two thousand dollars.
Incorporated Feb. 9, 1785.
Population in 1860, 619; in 1865, 563.
Valuation in 1860, $223,313; in 1865, $180,425.
The selectmen in 1861 were William H. Sanford, Charles Demons, John Ballou; in 1862, William H. Sanford, S. P. Everett, E. H. Stanford; in 1863, Elias Keith, John Ballou, V. M. Porter; in 1864, Elias Keith, Lyman Sears, Lorenzo S. Blakslee; in 1865, Elias Keith, Lorenzo S. Blakslee, Charles Demons.
The town-clerk and town-treasurer in 1861 and 1862 was Humphrey Gould; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, James M. Ford.
1861. No legal town-meeting, to act upon matters relating to the war, appears to have been held during this year.
1862. April 7th, The town-treasurer was authorized to borrow, not exceeding four hundred dollars, to be expended under the direction of the selectmen for State aid to the familie