hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register 4 0 Browse Search
Historic leaves, volume 3, April, 1904 - January, 1905 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 6 results in 3 document sections:

rd. Samuell Frost. Walter Hasting. Nath. Green. Ester Gossom. Peter Towne. Edward Mitchellson. Andrew Belcher. Edmund Angier. Richard Park. Joseph Cooke. Jermie Fisman. John Taller. Daniel Cheeaver. John Eliot. Edward Jackson. Samuell Haden. John Jackson. Gregory Cooke. John × Parker. Mathew × Boone. Thomas Hammond, senyor. Thomas Hammond, junyor. Vincent × Druse, junyor. John × Hanchet. Job × Hides. Samuell × Hydes. Rebeccah × Daniell. Jonathan Hides. David Stone. Samuell Stone. Jeames × Cutler. John Wintor. John Collar. Joseph Miriam. Isack Starnes. David Fiske. Solomon Prentes. Joseph Sill. Samuell Hasting. Richard × Frances. Robart × Brown. Thomas × Brown. John Swan. We, whose names are subscribed, being of the traine band and singell men in the above sayd town, doe also desire to manifest ourselves to be of the same mynd with our parents, masters, and the aged men and housholders of the place. Thomas Oliver. Jonathan Jackson. John Jackson. S
Chapter 8: civil History. The inhabitants on the south side of the River obtain parochial privileges. their petition for incorporation as a separate town. elaborate and vigorous protest by the Selectmen of Cambridge. after long delay, Newton is incorporated, under the administration of Governor Andros. ship-building in Cambridge. Unruly dogs. Wolf. Draining of a pond in the centre of the town. Stone wall between Cambridge and Watertown. Committee to inspect families, and to prevent improper practices. encroachment on fishing rights in Menotomy River. fish officers As early as 1654, some of the inhabitants upon the south side of the River commenced a movement, which resulted, seven years afterwards, in an order of the General Court, that all who resided more than four miles from the meeting-house should be freed from contributing towards the ministry on the north side the river, so long as the south side the river shall maintain an able ministry. Mass. Col. Rec
Historic leaves, volume 3, April, 1904 - January, 1905, Gregory Stone and some of his descendants (search)
sdemeanor in those days. In 1663-4-7 he was appointed surveyor of highways. In 1669 he was one of a committee to run the bounds between Concord and Cambridge. In 1673 he was appointed constable, an office somewhat similar to that of townsman or selectman. Later he was commissioned to looke after the Common fencis for the farmes neere Concord. Upon complaint made by him and Joseph Merriam, his brother-in-law, of the low and pore Condifhon of John Johnson, the selectmen doe reqeft Samuell Stone and Joseph Merriam to take care for his fuply for his present nefefitye, and tobe fupplyed out of the town rate from the Constable Ifack Stones, not exceeding fourty fhillings untill further order be taken. In 1681 he was appointed selectman, and also in 1688 and 1692; the selectmen then performed the duty of assessors, until 1697, except in the year 1694. He was also appointed on a committee to make a rate for the ministry in 1683 and 1691, and was chosen Commissioner in 1693 and 1