Browsing named entities in Rebellion Record: a Diary of American Events, Diary from December 17, 1860 - April 30, 1864 (ed. Frank Moore). You can also browse the collection for J. B. Taylor or search for J. B. Taylor in all documents.

Your search returned 7 results in 2 document sections:

e — it is not a crossing off, but a complete blotting out. Almost every person who has erased his name says that his signature was obtained under false pretences. One or two say that they were informed that it was a petition to the Common Council for an appropriation for the Central Park, and that it would afford an opportunity for the employment of laborers now out of work! The story that some one (meaning Mr. Guion) had commenced a suit for the arrest of Superintendent Kennedy and Mr. J. B. Taylor, for false imprisonment may be stated in brief: An application was made to Judge Leonard for an order to arrest these gentlemen, and the Judge promptly refused.--N. Y. Evening Post, July 6. Forty-five men of the Third Ohio regiment fell in with an ambuscade of several hundred rebels at Middle Fork Bridge, twelve miles east of Buckhannon, Va. Being surrounded they fought desperately for some time, then cut their way through the enemy and retired, losing only one man and having some
, he was approached by a detachment of the Confederate forces, in command of Capt. Taylor, of Kentucky, bearing a flag of truce. Col. Porter, on bringing the detachment to a halt, was informed that Capt. Taylor was the bearer of a sealed letter from Gen. Davis to President Lincoln, which statement was verified by an endorsement tard at Manassas Junction, and requesting that safe conduct might be given to Capt. Taylor. Col. Porter accordingly sent Capt. Taylor, accompanied by an officer andCapt. Taylor, accompanied by an officer and an orderly, to the Headquarters of Gen. McDowell, at Arlington, where they arrived at seven o'clock in the evening, and were detained there until the visit of Capt. Capt. Taylor was made known to Lieut.-General Scott, upon whose order he was conducted to the General's Headquarters in Washington, where Gen. Scott received the letter of d the letter, informed Gen. Scott that he might send the messenger back, and Capt. Taylor immediately took his departure for Arlington, and thence proceeded on his wa