hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

Lucius R. Paige, History of Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1630-1877, with a genealogical register, Chapter 16: ecclesiastical History. (search)
Howe remained pastor until July, 1870, when he resigned; he continues to reside in Cambridge, and performs clerical duties, but without pastoral charge. The present pastor of the church, the Rev. Henry Hinckley, H. C. 1860, was installed Dec. 13, 1870; he had previously been settled at Winchester, and more recently at Groveland, Mass. Deacons. Elected. Held office until Age. Ebenezer HoveyMay, 1865DiedMarch 25, 186665 Josiah SparrowMay, 1865ResignedNov. 1872 Jacob EatonDec. 1867 Simeon TaylorDec. 1867ResignedOct. 1869 Charles L. FessendenNov. 1872 Free Church of St. James.—The Parish of St. James, at North Cambridge, was organized on Christmas day, 1864, and from that time divine service was regularly continued under the charge of Rev. Andrew Croswell, B. U. 1843, who was elected Rector at Easter, 1865, and remained in that office until Easter, 1871, when the failure of health compelled him to resign. He was succeeded by Rev. William H. Fultz (since deposed), whose con