Your search returned 3 results in 2 document
r with less than three hundred men; and without a shot on either side Lynde surrendered his entire force, which consisted of seven companies of the 7th Regular Infantry and three companies of Mounted Rifles.
On November 25th, 1861, for this conduct Major Lynde was dropped from the army.
This action was revoked November 27th, 1866, by general orders, restoring him to his commission and placing him on the retired list of the army.--G. H. P.
In the meantime, Fort Buchanan, situated near Tubac, and Fort Breckinridge, on the north side of the San Pedro River and above its confluence with the Gila, had been abandoned, and the troops ordered to Fort Fillmore.
Upon reaching Cook's Cañon, this command, consisting of Captain Isaiah N. Moore, 1st Dragoons, with four companies, were informed of Major Lynde's disgraceful surrender, whereupon they destroyed a large amount of Government stores which they had in charge, as well as private property at the eastern end of the cañon, and fled pr