hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Rebellion Record: a Diary of American Events: Documents and Narratives, Volume 8. (ed. Frank Moore) 2 0 Browse Search
Edward H. Savage, author of Police Recollections; Or Boston by Daylight and Gas-Light ., Boston events: a brief mention and the date of more than 5,000 events that transpired in Boston from 1630 to 1880, covering a period of 250 years, together with other occurrences of interest, arranged in alphabetical order 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 4 results in 2 document sections:

er. But, now, where to go to, was the query; we did not know the road our columns had taken, but I chose the one opposite to Richmond, and kept on at double-quick, till we luckily came to our men; we marched till three A. M., and then went into camp and slept till morning. Wednesday--the snow had fallen in the night, but fast disappeared by the warm sun that came out in the morning. Having well rested and eaten a good breakfast, we start again toward the White-House Landing. Pass the Old house Hotel, and Post-Office on the Piping Ford road. Cross the Chickahominy. We are trying to get to General Butler's lines. The remnant of Major Cook's command overtake us, and we hear of the loss and capture of Colonel Dahlgren, Major Cook, and half their men. This for the time throws a gloom along the lines, which up to the time had been very buoyant. We try to go across the Pamunkey, but the rebels have destroyed the bridge. The General goes with a negro to see a ferry-boat, but finds
y 16, 1854 Henderson's, 22 Elm street, kept by Henderson, 1816 Indian Queen, 37 Marlboro's street, kept by Wheelock, 1803 In Bromfield lane, kept by Trask, 1813 King's Head, kept near Scarlet's Wharf, 1670 One kept in King street, 1758 Light House, kept in King street, 1718 Logwood Tree, kept in Lynn street, 1732 Lamb, in Newbury street, 1743 In Newbury street, near Watch House, 1771 Register of Deeds' office there, 1786 Tavern Lamb, in Newbury street. Old house removed; Adams House built, 1845 Lamphire's, 24 Hanover street, kept by B. Lamphire, 1807 Moreau's, in Elm street, kept by Mrs. Moreau, 1805 Nahant, at Nahant, built, 1820 Burned, Sep. 11, 1861 Punch Bowl, in Dock square, kept by Mrs. Baker, 1769 Patterson's, in Elm street, kept by Patterson, 1796 Queen's Head, kept near Scarlet's Wharf, 1691 Red Lion, kept near Red Lion Wharf, 1674 Roebuck, in Fish lane, Roebuck passage, 1732 House removed, 1815 Royal Exch