hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
The Cambridge of eighteen hundred and ninety-six: a picture of the city and its industries fifty years after its incorporation (ed. Arthur Gilman) 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

, and they at this time own the factory and real estate which they occupy. On February 1, 1896, they reported an undivided surplus of three hundred thousand dollars. The officers of the company are as follows: William H. Ivers, president; George A. Gibson, secretary and treasurer; Handel Pond, general manager; John B. Dayfoot, superintendent. The George W. Seaverns Piano action Co. The business was established in 1851 by George W. Seaverns in a building on State Street known as Osborn's mill. Twice it was seriously interrupted by fire, once in 1855 and again in 1874. In the latter year Mr. Seaverns decided to seek larger quarters, and accordingly leased a portion of the Greely mill, their present location. The business increased so rapidly that they were obliged to lease the adjoining buildings, where they now have an extensive plant. In 1889 the business was incorporated under its present name, with a capital of fifty thousand dollars. The company consists of George