, Esq., late of the Exchange newspaper, and a Mr. Roberts, and several others.
The military then proceeded on their search for arms, and succeeded in finding a number of muskets, and several iron field-pieces, all of which they put on the steamer and removed to Annapolis.
Two of the old iron field-pieces were some time since removed from Cambridge, where they were planted for the defence of that place in the war of 1814.
Before going to Miles River Ferry they stopped at the farm of Capt. Ogle Tilghman, a few miles below, but did not find the proprietor at home.
They reported to Mrs. T. that they were from Richmond, and had come for the purpose of offering arms to the inhabitants, at the same time asking if there were any in the house.
There were none but the private arms of Capt. T., which they did not disturb.
While the detachment was drawn up on the boat, one of the soldiers placed the muzzle of his musket under his chin for a rest for his head, when the weapon accidentally di