aptian John Rodgers.
2. Passaic Captain Percival Drayton.
3. Montauk Captain John L. Worden.
4. Patapsco Commander Daniel Ammen.
5. New Ironsides Captain T. Turner.
6. Catskill Commander G. W. Rodgers.
7. Nantucket Commander D. M Fairfax.
8. Nahant Commander John Downes.
9. Keokuk Commander A. C. Rhind.
have doubted the propriety of a second attack, for it could be seen that it could easily be destroyed by a second attack.
Captain (afterwards Rear-Admiral) Thomas Turner.
This kind of argument will not stand against the statement of the facts.
Its purpose was to throw on Dupont the odium of failure in the attack on Charlesennett; Boatswain, Zachariah Whitmarsh; Gunner, Thomas Stewart; Carpenter, Charles Bordman; Sailmaker, G. T. Lozier
Iron-clad steamer New Ironsides.
Captain, Thomas Turner; Lieutenant-Commander, Geo. E. Belknap; Lieutenant, H. B. Robeson; Surgeon, Marius Duvall; Assistant Surgeons, W. T. Plant and Edward Kershner; Paymaster,