bors in behalf of the soldiers and their families.
Incorporated June 29, 1732.
Population in 1860, 2,005; in 1865, 2,056.
Valuation in 1860, $663,222; in 1865, $737,352.
The selectmen in 1861 and 1862 were N. F. Cumings, Alexander Craig, B. F. Lewis; in 1863, N. F. Cumings, Oliver H. Pratt, Charles H. Warren; in 1864, N. F. Cumings, J. N. Tucker, N. C. Boutell; in 1865, Oliver Proctor, Stillman Haynes, Abel G. Stearns.
The town-clerk in 1861 was Ezra Blood; in 1862, Noah Wallace; in 1863, 1864, and 1865, Daniel Adams.
The town-treasurer in 1861 and 1862 was F. C. Burt; in 1863, Joseph Adams; in 1864, A. M. Adams; in 1865, Edward Ordway.
1861. At a town-meeting held April 11th, a committee of five was appointed to consider and report what action should be taken by the town in regard to the Rebellion.
This committee made the following report, which was unanimously adopted:—
Whereas a portion of the States of this Union is now in open rebellion against the