hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Charles A. Nelson , A. M., Waltham, past, present and its industries, with an historical sketch of Watertown from its settlement in 1630 to the incorporation of Waltham, January 15, 1739. 1 1 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 1 result in 1 document section:

with his brother — in law, Isaac Bemis, who kept the Bemis Tavern, farther up on the other side. He is said to have petitioned the Court to alter the road so as to run farther south and thus leave the Bemis Tavern out of the line of travel. Returning to the north side of the road, at the fork of Main and Weston Streets, were the house and store of Daniel Stearns, and the district school-house just below. The latter was removed when the new No. 6 was erected in its place. Near Mr. Nehemiah Warren's house on the west the road crossed Masters's Brook. On the east side of the brook stood the tavern of Samuel Bigelow, and on the west side the house of Bezaleel Flagg. Above Stowe Street stands the house of N. L. Sibley, formerly the residence of Nathan Locke, and owned and occupied by Bradshaw Smith before him. Just above this was the dwelling in 1798 of Zebedee Macomber, built by his father-in-law David Smith, owner of the Brick Tavern which stood opposite. In building it he