hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Charles A. Nelson , A. M., Waltham, past, present and its industries, with an historical sketch of Watertown from its settlement in 1630 to the incorporation of Waltham, January 15, 1739. 4 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 4 results in 1 document section:

r. James Ellison the present owner. Opposite the Cutting Tavern, on the south side of the street was a house occupied in 1777 by Stephen Wellman, and in 1798 by John Foley, the tailor. Next above, in 1798, was the residence and store of Samuel Wellington; afterwards the property of John Welsh of Boston, who added a third story to the house and made it the finest residence on the street at the time. It had an extensive garden, coach and summer houses, kept in the best of style. The house warly opposite Newton Street is the house in which Warham Cushing resided in 1798. The front part of this had been one of the soldiers' barracks at Cambridge during the Revolution, which he purchased and removed hither It passed from him to Samuel Wellington, and then through various hands to Edward O. Hawes, who died here in 1850. Above this was a dwelling belonging to Cornet D. Townsend, occupied by Samuel Nutting, and in 1798 by John Livermore. It was afterwards removed to the other side