hide Matching Documents

The documents where this entity occurs most often are shown below. Click on a document to open it.

Document Max. Freq Min. Freq
Charles A. Nelson , A. M., Waltham, past, present and its industries, with an historical sketch of Watertown from its settlement in 1630 to the incorporation of Waltham, January 15, 1739. 2 0 Browse Search
View all matching documents...

Your search returned 2 results in 1 document section:

ong the oldest buildings if not the very oldest standing in the town. Full particulars in reference to this devise will be given further on. Jonathan Stearns, in 1798, occupied a house just below where the Prospect House now stands, the property of the heirs of Jonathan Hagar, long since gone. Further west stands a house which, previous to 1798, had been occupied by successive blacksmiths whose shop stood near by. It passed through several hands and finally became the property of Seth Wellington. Above this is the residence of Hon. Nathaniel P. Banks, built by Jacob Gale and owned by him in 1798. It was purchased by General Banks of J. Baker. A few rods above the barn on this estate, previous to 1795, there stood a small house owned and occupied by Amos Harrington, He was a revolutionary soldier, at one time said to be the richest man in Waltham. He was a trader, and afterwards became a poor laborer, and lived at the east corner of Main and Moody Streets. After his fat