hide Matching Documents

Browsing named entities in John D. Billings, The history of the Tenth Massachusetts battery of light artillery in the war of the rebellion. You can also browse the collection for September 7th or search for September 7th in all documents.

Your search returned 2 results in 2 document sections:

d afterwards whenever we came in contact with him, made a favorable impression upon us that only strengthened with time, for he certainly seemed to us a thorough gentleman and soldier. While in the latter capacity he may not have excelled either his predecessor in command over us, or his successor, as a gentleman in the administration of his functions as Chief of Artillery he was unquestionably their superior, and we deplored the change which afterwards deprived us of his leadership. September 7th the corps was reviewed near Bealeton by Gen. Meade, and made a fine appearance. A corps review was a new experience to us, but one that became commonplace enough, later. September 9th was the anniversary of our muster, and Capt. Sleeper gave us the day to celebrate as each should choose, consistently with the requirements of the service. Several received passes to visit friends in other regiments, but the greater part remained in camp. On the 12th the paymaster again made us happ
2. Lieut. J. Webb Adams on detached service at Twelfth New York Battery. Corp'l S. Paine returned to duty from hospital. Four recruits received from camp of distribution. Sept 3. One horse died—Glanders. Seven (7) horses turned over to Capt. Strang. Sept. 4. Private J. M. Ramsdell sent to brigade hospital. Sept. 6. Received notice of Thresher and Phillips' transfer to general hospital Aug. 26, 1864. J. W. Bailey returned to duty from general hospital. R. Bemis made farrier. Sept. 7. Daniel D. Adams sent to brigade hospital. Sept. 9. Fifty-four (54) horses received from Capt. Fisher. Sept. 10. J. B. Sulham injured by falling tree and sent to hospital. D. D. Adams returned from brigade hospital. Notice received of E. A. Friend's furlough, Aug. 19, and Hugh Killoran's Aug. 21, each 20 days. Sept. 12. R. G. Gilley returned to duty from Art'y Brigade Headquarters. B. G. Hooper returned from brigade hospital. Sept. 14. J. B. Sulham returned from brigade hospi