A town in central Aitolia
ca. 3 km NE of the modern town of the same name (formerly called Vrachori). Its general location, E of the
Acheloos river below Stratos, is given by Polybios (5.7.7)
in his account of the march of Philip V on Thermon in
218 B.C. The town, which had been occupied by the
Akarnanians in 314 B.C., was sacked by the Aitolians
). Excavations have uncovered a stretch
of city wall ca. 2 km in circumference, and foundations
of several buildings.
(1928) 96-110; Philippson-Kirsten, Gr. Landschaften
II, 2 (1958) 337-39.