(Cevizli, formerly Kâğras) Turkey.
Small town in Pisidia, 55 km N of Manavgat and unknown to history. The site had been visited several times
and inscriptions found there; but the ancient name was
discovered only in 1965, when two inscriptions giving it
were found. The name obviously survived almost unchanged until recently. The inscriptions show that Kagrai
had close connections with Selge.
The ruins are on a low rocky hill above the village,
approached by a rock-cut stairway. On the SE side a
high wall and solid bastion support a platform on which
are the scanty remains of a temple, identified by inscriptions as dedicated to Zeus. A pediment block, a few fluted
column drums, and some other architectural fragments
H. A. Ormerod, JRS
12 (1922) 53f;
G. E. Bean & T. B. Mitford, Journeys in Rough Cilicia
G. E. BEAN