(Evdir Han) Pamphylia, S Anatolia.
Referred to as Lagbon in Livy. The city was founded on
a plain surrounded with pine forests. It is 17 km from
modern Antalya. Canals passed through the city. As the
remains show, both sides of the canals were adorned with
richly ornamented altars and porticos. The ancient city
was probably on the road from the N to Antalya. This
idea is supported by Seljuk caravanserais seen along
the road at regular intervals. Very near the center of the
ancient city is a small prostyle tetrastyle temple of
the 2d c. A.D., which is the best-preserved structure on the
site. Around the city are to be seen rock-cut graves
and grave monuments. Artemis was especially honored.
The site has not been excavated.
Pace, “Escursioni in Licia,”Annuario
3 (1916-20) 65; Moretti, “Rovine di Lagon,”Annuario
3 (1916-20) 135-41.