(“Bistue Nova”) Bosnia-Herzegovina, Yugoslavia.
An indigenous site on the right bank of
the Bosnia river 78 km NW of Sarajevo. There are remains of a large Roman building with two inscriptions in Latin which have preserved the name of the municipium and another inscription which mentions the priest
who performed the cult “urbis Romae.” Family names on
other inscriptions indicate that the inhabitants received
Roman citizenship under the Flavian emperors. There are
ruins of a small Roman bath and a nymphaeum near the
modern town. The seat of a bishop from 530 to 534, the
town has the remains of an Early Christian church.
C. Truhelka, WMBH
1 (1893) 273-78;
C. Patsch, WMBH
11 (1909) 108; D. Sergejevski, GZM
44 (1932) 35-56; J. J. Wilkes, Dalmatia
V. Paskvalin, Arheoloski Pregled