previous next


a house belonging to the Caelii of the fourth eentury, situated between the via Lata and the western slope of the Quirinal, just north of the present Piazza della Pilotta, where inscriptions (CIL vi. 1704, 1705) 1 and remains have been found (Ann. d. Inst. 1858, II; Nuove Mem. d. Ist. 298-333).

1 Ib. 1389 is the first line of this inscription (see 3r905).

hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: