At or near Yavuz,
formerly Andya, some 24 km N of Korkuteli. The city
is known only from coins and inscriptions, except that
the Notitiae record a bishop of “Sandida.” The location
is fixed by the evident survival of the name, and by a
decree of the Council and People of the Andedans (AM
10 , 337). About a km to the N of Yavuz is a stone
marking the boundary between An(deda) and Po(gla).
Apart from the fairly numerous inscriptions no remains
of the city have been found, and the exact site remains
W. M. Ramsay in AM
10 (1885) 335-39; A. M. Woodward in BSA
16 (1909-10) 123; G. E.
Bean in AS
10 (1960) 65-67.
G. E. BEAN