previous next

ELUSA (Eauze) Gers, France.

The town now covered by the modern district of Cieutat was the metropolis of Novempopulania. Occasional investigations have led to the discovery, in 1948-49, of part of a sewage network and, in 1968, of three potter's kilns, in which during the 4th c. A.D. a ware very similar to terra sigillata clara was produced.


M. Labrousse, “Recherches arch. à Eauze (1948-49),” Bull. de la Soc. arch. du Gers 52 (1951) 201-13; id. in Gallia 28 (1970) 417-18; 30 (1972) 495f.


hide Display Preferences
Greek Display:
Arabic Display:
View by Default:
Browse Bar: