town near Falerone in Picenum on the left bank of the
river Tinna ca. 25 km from the sea. Its territories
bordered on those of Firmum. Its history is obscure;
almost all that is known is that it received a colony of
veterans under Augustus and belonged to the tribus
Velina. The people were called Falerienses ex Piceno or
Ruins of buildings include a reservoir, called Bagno
della Regina, an amphitheater, and a theater, the last
excavated in the 19th c. and maintained as a monument.
An inscription informs us that it was built A.D. 43.
Antiquities from the site are kept in the Museo Civico,
Palazzo Comunale, Falerone.
(1839) 5-61 (G. De Minicis); H.
Nissen, Italische Landeskunde
(1902) 2.423; EAA
(1960) 570f (G. Annibaldi).
L. RICHARDSON, JR.