(Aetos) S Albania.
On an isolated
limestone hill in the plain S of Buthrotum. The site was
defended by a double circuit wall, mainly in polygonal
masonry, of which a part, containing a gateway, has been
excavated. The quarry from which the masonry probably
came has been identified.
L. M. Ugolini, Butrinto
(1937) figs. 136,
137; N.G.L. Hammond, Epirus
(1967) 94f, 677, 699.