marching camp 6 km SE of Forfar. Still visible in part,
it measured ca. 705 by 330 m, and belongs to a group
of camps ca. 25 ha in extent which have recently been
assigned to the early Severan campaigns in N Britain.
It is, however, more elongated than the other members
of the series. All the six gates were protected by titula,
and a small structure was attached externally at the SE
O.G.S. Crawford, Topography of Roman Scotland
(1949) 97-100; JRS
59 (1969) 116-18.
K. A. STEER