LOW BORROW BRIDGE
Roman fort 16 km NE of Kendal (NY 609013).
The platform is visible on the main N road W of the Pennines, 32 km S of Brocavum, and occupies ca. 1.2 ha. It
was occupied, probably continuously, from the Flavian
period to the early 5th c., and the stone defenses date
from the reign of Hadrian or Antoninus Pius.
E. Birley, Trans. Cumberland and Westmorland Ant. and Arch. Soc
. 47 (1947) 1-19; E.J.W.
Hildyard & J. P. Gillam, ibid. 51 (1951) 40-66.
J. C. MANN