fortlet on Lurg Moor, probably a survivor of a chain of
posts built ca. A.D. 140 to guard the W flank of the Antonine Wall. Rectangular with rounded corners, it measures 48 by 42 m over the rampart and single ditch. The
gate is in the center of the S side and a road can be
traced S from it. Antonine pottery has been found immediately SW of the fortlet, and there are indications of a
43 (1953) 105.
K. A. STEER